Free WLAN hotspots in Salzburg
Looking for public WLAN access in Salzburg? – Free access to the World Wide Web via WLAN is now available at the following hotspots in the city of Salzburg:
- at the riverbanks of Salzach, around Mozartsteg (Mozart Bridge)
- at the riverbanks of Salzach, around Makartsteg (Makart Bridge)
- on Mozartplatz
- at Volksgarten
- at Mirabell Gardens
- on Max-Reinhardt-Platz
- at Bricks Music-Bar, Lederergasse
- at the public library Stadt:Bibliothek 'Neue Mitte Lehen'
- Jugendzentrum IGLU
- Jugendzentrum KOMM
- Jugendzentrum Lehen
- Jugendzentrum Taxham
Salzburg surfs the web!
Every user with a mobile device which enables WLAN can surf the World Wide Web for free within a radius of 100 meters. The use of WLAN doesn't require any user account. You only need to accept the terms and conditions of use to access this service. The password "Salzburg.surft!" will connect you with www.salzburg-surft.at , your gateway to the Internet. The WLAN network automatically switches off between midnight and 5:00 a.m.
Anybody who wants to enjoy some snack or drink while surfing the internet, can use more free WLAN stations in the old town of Salzburg:
- Afro Cafe, Bürgerspitalplatz 5
- Altstadt Hotel Garni Trumer Stube, Bergstraße 6
- Altstadthotel Amadeus, Linzer Gasse 43-45
- Arthotel Blaue Gans / Blaue Gans Bar, Getreidegasse 41-43
- Café Balthazar, Kaigasse 31 (Daily from 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- Café Erhards, Nonntaler Hauptstraße 16
- Coffee Symphony, Griesgasse 13
- Café Universum, Hofstallgasse 4
- Hotel Altstadt Radisson Blu, Rudolfskai 28
- Hotel Mönchstein, Mönchsbergpark 26
- Hotel Stein / Steinterasse, Giselakai 3-5
- Indigo, Rudolfskai 8
- McDonald‘s, Getreidegasse 26
- Murphy’s Law, Gstättengasse 33
- Panoramatours (Bus-Terminal Mirabellplatz - St. Andrä Kirche) - Free for Tour-Members
- Republic Café, Anton-Neumayr-Platz 2
- Restaurant m32, Mönchsberg 32
- Language School inlingua Salzburg, Sigmund-Haffner-Gasse 3/8.Stock (During offers hours: Mon-Thu 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Fr 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Stadtwirt, Schwarzstraße 10
The Heart of Joy Café, Franz-Josef-Str. 3
It is expressly pointed out that there is no data security in public networks. The responsible and careful use of personal data such as your credit card number, social security number, passwords, etc. is urgently recommended.
The hotspots based on radio technology are tested for radiation and meet the statutory threshold limits. The router radiation is comparable to the values generated by a baby phone.
A list of companies offering free WLAN is currently being compiled on the Youth Office platform (www.salzburgblog.at). This platform offers an overview of hotspot sites and tips for their use, help and FAQs.
The public WLAN hotspots are a service offered by the City of Salzburg in cooperation with the Youth Office and Old City Association.
For more information please contact the Youth Office of the City of Salzburg:
Jugendbeauftragte(r) der Stadt Salzburg
Tel: +43 (0)662 8072-2976