Regulations for Tourist Buses - General Information
If you plan on bringing a tour coach into Salzburg, there are a number of details you need to be aware of. Here you will find complete information about parking, terminals and prohibited zones. Coach operators have to book online timeslots for passenger drop-off and pick-up.
The following information should help you to bring your guests to their destination quickly and easily.
The City of Salzburg offers 2 terminals where coaches can drop off and pick up passengers. In order to make use of them, you must apply for an access permit by means of the online booking system at www.salzburg.info/bus. This allows each coach to select timeslots tor the arrival and pick-up of guests at the terminal as well as reserve a free parking space based on availability. The fee for this is € 50.
NONNTAL, open 6 am – 10 pm, Ban on coach/bus traffic between 10 pm and 6 am
GPS-adress: Erzabt-Klotz-Straße 6, 5020 Salzburg
Geo Coordinates: Latitude 47.794245, Longitude 13.053230
PARIS-LODRON-STRASSE, open 8 am – 7 pm
GPS-adress: Paris-Lodron-Straße 2a, 5020 Salzburg
Geo Coordinates: Latitude 47.804686, Longitude 13.045021
Passengers boarding and unboarding only! Please drive your bus away immediately after dropping off your passengers. Do not use this stopping area to wait or to park! Violators will be towed! Failure to comply with current regulations may also result in a police fine. Please switch off the engine while your bus is stopped or parked.
Bus parking lots
Bus parking areas Süd (SOUTH) and Nord (NORTH) as well as Hellbrunn are available for coaches.
Bus parking lot Süd (SOUTH)
GPS-adress: P+R Salzburg Süd, 5020 Salzburg
Geo Coordinates: Latitude 47.769859, Longitude 13.071728
Bus connections (lines 3 and 8) are available from the SOUTH parking lot to the city center.
Bus parking lot Nord (NORTH)
GPS-adress: Anschlussstelle Salzburg Nord, 5020 Salzburg
Geo Coordinates: Latitude 47.832019, Longitude 13.055515
Bus parking areas Süd and Nord charge a parking fee of € 10 per hour (max. € 50 = daily rate). The parking fee must be paid upon arrival using the ticket machines.
When using the terminal, the parking space is included free of charge for up to 3 days.
Bus parking lot Hellbrunn
GPS-adress: Fürstenweg 35, 5020 Salzburg
Geo Coordinates: Latitude 47.763818, Longitude 13.063775
For coaches using Hellbrunn only to park, the following fees will apply: every 60 min € 10; daily rate € 50; during the Advent market, a flat rate of € 20. Coaches, whose passengers are visiting the Trick Fountains, may park for free. Upon purchase of an admission ticket and in exchange for the parking ticket you received at the entrance, the Trick Fountains ticket office will issue you a free exit ticket. This entitles you to exit the parking area one time free of charge.
Please note the following traffic regulations which are in effect in Salzburg.
No parking between 8 am and 6 pm for coaches in the city of Salzburg except on the bus parking lots Nord (North), Süd (South) and Hellbrunn or on private bus parking lots at hotels and restaurants. The no-parking zones must be strictly observed. We would like to point out that parking violations will be controlled and enforced even more rigorously! The fine for a parking offense, e.g. in the inner city is € 150.00.
Parked buses obstructing the flow of traffic can be clamped, e.g. when parked at one of the bus terminals. If your bus is clamped, please report tot he nearest police station.
- Night parking ban for buses in Austria. Buses are not permitted to park within 25 meters of hotels, residential homes, hospitals, clinics or nursing homes between 10 pm and 6 am.
- Prohibited zone/Pedestrian zone (see map). Please observe the absolute driving ban for all buses in this zone between 8 am and 6 pm. Violations: fines up to € 150
Take advantage of the following services while your guests are exploring Salzburg.
Washing the bus
- SOUTH Bus parking lot, motorway exit south, Alpenstraße, water connection available - opportunity to conduct minor cleaning (depending on weather conditions!)
- NORTH Bus parking lot, motorway exit north, water connection available - opportunity to conduct minor cleaning (depending on weather conditions!)
- Buscenter Albus Salzkraft, Julius-Welser-Straße 8, Tel. +43662 424000-0, 6 am – 10 pm, € 28.
- Bremsen-Eder Amerhauser OHG & CO, Linzer Bundesstraße 22, Tel. +43662 640617-0, firstname.lastname@example.org; 24h-Service für VOLVO-Busse: Tel. 0800 298964
- Evobus Austria, Bichlfeldstraße 13 (motorway exit „Mitte“ towards Freilassing), Tel. +43662 4475-0, 24h-Service: Tel. 00800 40204020
- MAN Truck & Bus Vertrieb Österreich GmbH, 5301 Eugendorf, Gewerbestraße 27, Tel. +436225 21100, MAN-Service Mobile 24: Tel. 00800 66245324
- Reifen John, Saalachstraße 1, Tel. +43662 435216-0, email@example.com; Sterneckstraße 42, Tel. +43662 871383-0, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tschann Nutzfahrzeuge GmbH, Samergasse 20, Tel. +43662 88995-0, DAF Coach&Bus Service Dealer; Bova, Solaris, email@example.com