In 1954 Elsa Dworschak and her husband Helmuth took over her mother-in-law's knitting business, seriously affected by the Second World War. Thanks to her excellent foreign contacts and the outstanding quality of the knit goods, Lana Strickmoden soon chalked up profits again. The company owed its resounding success to the production and distribution of Berchtesgaden jackets, popular both in the country and abroad. The demand for high quality, classic-style dirndl jackets also started to increase. Lana Strickmoden was enlarged and modernized. A retail store opened in Salzburg's Getreidegasse 29 in 1970. Günther Dworschak took over his parents' business in 1993 and expanded even further by employing new machines and materials. His brother Helmut took over the retail store in Getreidegasse and upgraded the business still further in close cooperation with his brother.