The Sound of Music Tour
The life of the von Trapp Family is inseparably linked to the city of Salzburg. Every year nearly 300,000 people visit the Trapp Family homes and film locations. The 1965 film about the moving life of the novice, Maria von Trapp and her singing family with Julie Andrews in the leading role, became an international box office success.
The songs from "The Sound of Music" are known throughout the world.
- The Sound of Music tour includes the following original film locations:
- Mirabell Gardens and Pegasus Fountain (dancing scene with Maria and the children)
- Leopoldskron Palace (where the family lived in the film)
- Hellbrunn Palace (song scenes)
- Nonnberg Convent (where Maria lived as a young novice)
- St. Gilgen / Wolfgangsee (opening scene in the movie)
- Mondsee Church (wedding scene)