DB – German Rail
Because it is so close to the border, Salzburg Main Station belongs both to ÖBB (Austrian Railways) as well as DB (German Rail). A separate DB customer service counter at Salzburg Main Station provides information about special offers such as the Bayern Ticket, other saver fares, as well as connections in neighboring Germany.
With the Bayern Ticket, as many as five passengers get to ride for one day on all local trains, within urban transportation systems, as well as on almost all public buses in Bavaria. The ticket costs from 25 euro per person plus 6 euro for each additional fellow traveler, and is also valid across the border into Austria as far as Salzburg Main Station.
Here are the details:
• Unlimited rides for one day for as many as 5 people
• In many cases, your own children and grandchildren ride for free
• Bayern Ticket is valid from 9 a.m. until 3 a.m. of the following day, as well as all day on weekends, on all Bavarian state holidays, on 15 August, 24 and 31 December
• Bayern Ticket “Night”: 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., or until 7 a.m. of the following day on weekends, Bavarian state holidays, 15 August, 24 and 31 December
• Tip: ticket also accepted on Albus No. 840 for the ride from Salzburg Main Station to Berchtesgaden Main Station
Südost Bayern Ticket (“South-East Bavaria Ticket”)
With the Südost Bayern Ticket, individual passengers on trains operated by Südostbayernbahn enjoy unlimited travel within the validity period from 20 euro (7 euro per additional traveler, max. 4). Take advantage of this opportunity to visit Salzburg and be enchanted by the beauty and countless possibilities awaiting you in the City of Mozart. Here you will find complete details about the Südost Bayern Ticket.
Bargain Rail Fares to Salzburg
From euro 39.90, passengers can enjoy discounted travel on ICE trains to Salzburg operated by DB. This offer is especially attractive for families, since children ride along for free. Aside from families, business travelers, in particular, appreciate a comfortable ride on the ICE that includes Internet access and on-board restaurant. Seats may be reserved, if desired. For further information, visit Saver Fares in Europe.