On ÖBB to Salzburg
Trains operated by Austrian Railways (ÖBB) provide fast, easy travel to Salzburg. An excellent rail network as well as a steadily expanding selection of train connections, both domestic and international, make ÖBB trains an ideal option for your trip to the City of Mozart.
ÖBB trains provide quick, convenient travel to Salzburg from Budapest, Bregenz, Linz, Innsbruck, Munich, Vienna and Zurich. The ÖBB Railjet runs hourly from Vienna via St. Pöten and Linz to Salzburg, completing the journey in just 2 hours 22 min. The train features state-of-the-art amenities, design and an incomparable service concept. This train allows you to choose from three different classes: Business, First and Economy. Complete information may be found at railjet.oebb.at
ÖBB Intercity, Eurocity et al.
The rail network operated by ÖBB guarantees uncomplicated connections from many different Austrian towns and cities to Salzburg: Eurocity and Intercity trains run from Graz and Villach every 2 hours. 15 trains a day also bring you quickly and comfortably to Salzburg from Innsbruck.
Tip: Travel from many cities to Salzburg for as little as 19 euro thanks to ÖBB “Sparschiene” tickets.
A direct rail connection brings holidaymakers and business travelers quickly and safely from Salzburg Main Station to Vienna International Airport or return. With Railjet, the journey takes as little as 2 hours 49 min. All Railjets offer 1st Class, Business Class as well as an on-board restaurant. More information…
Important International Rail Connections
- Budapest-Salzburg: 7x daily every 2 hours– duration: 5 h 12 min
- Munich-Salzburg: 7x daily every 2 hours – duration: 1 h 28 min
- Stuttgart-Salzburg: 7x daily every 2 hours – duration: 4 h 01 min
- Frankfurt-Salzburg: 4x daily – duration: 5 h 39 min
- Zurich-Salzburg: 6x daily every 2 hours – duration: 5 h 23 min
- Ljubljana-Salzburg: 3x daily – duration: 4 h 26 min (please note: passengers may need to change in Villach)
- Zagreb-Salzburg: 2x daily – duration: 6 h 48 min (please note: passengers may need to change in Villach)
- Venice-Salzburg: 2x daily (change in Villach) – duration: 5 h 53 min
- Bratislava-Salzburg: 1x daily - duration: 3 h 42 min
For a long time now, ÖBB has provided far more than basic rail service. From its “Sparschiene” offers, to business meetings at Salzburg Main Station, cut-price travel to festivals and concerts in Salzburger Land, as well as discounted admission to Mozart’s Birthplace and the Mozart Residence – thanks to ÖBB Plus, everyone can book the bargain recreational package that appeals to them the most.