House for Mozart - Haus für Mozart
The “Haus für Mozart” – originally known as the “Kleines Festspielhaus” – officially opened in 1925 and, along with the Grosses Festspielhaus and Felsenreitschule, is one of the top concert halls in Salzburg.
The original “Kleines Festspielhaus” was built under famous architect Clemens Holzmeister. Since opening in 1925, the “Kleines Festspielhaus” on Hofstallgasse served as a venue for performances of smaller operas as well as plays. After substantial remodeling in the 1930s, the first major production was "Der Rosenkavalier" by Richard Strauss under the direction of Karl Böhm in 1939.
From “Kleines Festspielhaus” to “Haus für Mozart”
In honor of the Mozart Year 2006 celebrations, the former court stables were transformed by architect Wilhelm Holzbauer, a student of Clemens Holzmeister, as well as Luxembourg-native François Valentiny into the "Haus für Mozart". Artist Josef Zenzmaier was responsible for designing the three entrance doors. German artist Michael Hammers was asked to conceive and produce the “Golden Wall” in the foyer. The Haus für Mozart accommodates an audience of 1580 (1495 seats as well as standing room for 85 additional people). Since the remodeling, the Felsenreitschule and the "Haus für Mozart" can also be used simultaneously.
The House for Mozart - Haus für Mozart is barrier-free accessible. There are 6 dedicated wheelchair places. An Induction loop is available for visitors with hearing impairments. More information you will find on the official website.