Railway connection - Lokalbahn S1+S11
The “Lokalbahnhof” station is located on the lower level of Salzburg Main Station. Trains on the Salzburger Lokalbahn line run from Salzburg Main Station to the northern Flachgau region. The S1 runs between the Lokalbahnhof, Bürmoos and Lamprechtshausen. The S11 will bring you to Ostermiething.
One of the towns along the line is Oberndorf, famous as the place where “Silent Night” was first performed. And in Bergheim, a beautiful footpath leads you to the famous pilgrimage church of Maria Plain.
- Between 5 a.m. and 12 midnight the Lokalbahn trains generally run at 30-minute intervals, though during peak commute times they depart every 15 minutes. On weekends and public holidays, the NachtExpress (“Night Express”) provides additional service from Salzburg at 12 minutes past midnight and at 2 a.m., as well as at 1 a.m. from Ostermiething and 1:20 a.m. from Lamprechtshausen to Salzburg.
- Online timetable information
- Tickets, also for city transit, can be purchased from the conductor in the train or at the ServiceCenter at the Lokalbahnhof. Cut-price weekend tickets, group rates.
- With the Salzburg Card, you can ride the Salzburger Lokalbahn line between the Lokalbahnhof in Salzburg and Acharting for free.
- Passengers may transport bicycles on all Lokalbahn trains at an additional charge
- Bigger dogs pay the minimum fare. Muzzles are required.
- Almost all trains are barrier-free; On weekends, all of them are.
- Contact, Lost & Found: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Salzburger Lokalbahn also offers rides on vintage trains, guided tours of the Lokalbahn carriage shed, exclusive rental of vintage trains for groups, and even the opportunity to earn an amateur train-driver license. Information about upcoming events and “Nostalgia Rides” can be found at www.slb.at.