Avoid traffic jams and ride into the heart of the historical district on S-Bahn trains.
The Salzburg S-Bahn system connects the central Salzburg region with an attractive rail network. The S-Bahn lines are operated by ÖBB (S2+S3), Salzburger Lokalbahnen (S1+S11) as well as Berchtesgadener Land Bahn (S4).
- Line S1 Lamprechtshausen – Salzburg Main Station: daily at 30-minute intervals, during peak commute times every 15 minutes
- Line S2 Strasswalchen – Salzburg Main Station: daily, once an hour
- Line S3 Bad Reichenhall – Freilassing – Schwarzach St. Veit: daily once an hour; between Freilassing and Golling-Abtenau every 30 minutes on workdays
- Line S4 Berchtesgaden – Freilassing: daily, once an hour
- Line S11 Ostermiething – Bürmoos: daily, once an hour: on occasion, additional service is provided from/to Salzburg
- Online timetable information
- Timetable- and ticket information by phone: +435 1717 (ÖBB Call Center) or +43662 632900 (Salzburg Transit Authority, 24-hour hotline)
- from ÖBB ticket counters at Salzburg Main Station
- from all ticket machines installed at S-Bahn stops
- online at: tickets.oebb.at
- with your mobile device using the ÖBB App